Title: The power of the PM & BA Partnership to drive Business Success in the New Economy
The New Project Leadership Model
This presentation describes the subtle and not so subtle differences between the PM and the BA approaches to projects. It explores the differing perspectives, the complementary roles, the overlapping responsibilities, the differing view of scope, the overlapping communication channels, and the joint requirements and risk management responsibilities. We then describe the accountabilities and deliverables for the PM and the BA during the typical project phases: pre-initiating, initiating, planning, executing, monitoring and controlling, and project closing. And finally, we discuss the golden opportunities for the BA and the PM to collaborate to manage project complexity.
- Discover how combining disciplines leads to success – how the wise BA partners with the PM to build a high-performing team and improve project success.
- Examine the different and complementary perspectives of the BA and the PM.
- Determine the accountabilities and deliverables shared by the BA and the PM.
- Examine the dynamics of highly complex projects.
- Diagnose the complexity of your current project.
- Discover the new project leadership model.
- Discover the appropriate project cycle model – from linear, to iterative, to adaptive, to extreme – to use for projects of differing complexity.
- Examine best practices for projects of varying complexity.
- Determine how to capitalize on complexity to foster innovation.
- Uncover the golden opportunity for the PM and the BA to collaborate for higher levels of success.
This keynote was delivered to several corporate events and conferences in North America, as well as Calgary, Boston, Ireland, Seattle, and New Zealand. Motivational, contemporary, forward thinking.
Target Audience: Project, Program and Portfolio Managers, PMO and BACOE Directors, Product Managers, Operational Managers, Project Business Analysts, Enterprise Business Analysts, Business and Solution Architects, Customer Relationship Managers, IT Managers.
Speaker bio - Kathleen (Kitty) Hass, PMP, IIBA Board of Director
Kitty is a recognized thought leader in the Project Management and Business Analysis professions, a prominent keynote presenter at industry and corporate conferences, author, consultant, and expert facilitator of innovation. She is the president of KHass and Associates, Inc., a consulting practice specializing in strategic business practices, including enterprise business analysis and complex project management. Her expertise includes implementing and managing PMOs and BACOEs, managing large complex programs, and leading groundbreaking PM and BA maturity efforts. Kitty has served as an IIBA Director since 2008, and served in many other volunteer capacities with IIBA. Kitty is a member of the Capella University IT Advisory Council, developer/Instructor for the Villanova University Mastering BA Certificate Program, and a member of the University of California, Irvine BA Certificate Advisory Board. She has authored numerous papers and books on leading edge PM/BA practices.
She is Award Winning Author for her book: MANAGING COMPLEX PROJECTS, A NEW MODEL; Awarded by PMI David I. Cleland Project Management Literature Honor, a PMI book of the year 2010.
She is also a BA writer - THE BUSINESS ANALYSIS ESSENTIAL LIBRARY - A series of six BA reference books.